What’s new at Splash?
We’ve got a smart new logo for starters, a new referral form plus lots of new activities planned. Some of the new activities are included in our Easter programme which is detailed below. As always Splash will be running activities every day of the Easter school holidays at various locations across the county. Central pick up points are available for each session.
In total we will run 10 activity days over the 2 week holiday. All of the activities are FREE, positive, fun sessions for young people aged 9-16 across Wiltshire who are experiencing challenges in their lives. We work with young people to increase their confidence and self-esteem and to encourage positive behaviours and positive friendships. Some of our activities are targeted to specific age groups so please click on each poster for more details on our website:
How to refer a young person to Splash:
Anyone can refer a young person to Splash; just follow the instructions below:
- Download the referral form below or from the Splash website, complete the form including parental consent and return it to us either by post or email at email@example.com (Our postal address is at the bottom of the form)
- Get your form back to us by Friday 16th March if possible as this is when we will start allocating places; However we will continue to accept booking forms right up to the day before an activity (spaces permitting).
- If you need any support completing a booking form please give us a call and we can talk you through it. We are in the office Monday-Friday on 01380 732829 and we will be more than happy to help!
Please remember that even if the young person has already attended a Splash project, we will still need a signed referral form with all their current information.
AVEBURY TRANSPORT EXHIBITION
Avebury Transport Group is organising an exhibition at
4.30 – 8.00pm on Wednesday 7 March
at the Red Lion, Avebury SN8 1RF.
The Transport Group has been working on projects set out in the World Heritage Site Transport Strategy and Avebury’s earlier Traffic Plan. We want to bring you up to date with its work, set out some facts and figures and hear your views.
The exhibition will focus on seven key transport elements and will put them in context with a central display which covers the entire WHS. Your views will then be included in a short report on the findings of the exhibition and will if possible propose actions.
The seven elements that will be highlighted at the exhibition are:
- Achievements of the Transport Group so far
- Traffic calming measures on the A4 at West Kennett and Beckhampton
- Parking and speeding at Trusloe
- Yellow lines throughout the Parish
- Footpaths and Byways – state of repair and signage
- The future of the Avenue
- Eroding verges, especially at Green Street and the Avenue.
For further details please contact Mike Bedford as Chairman of the Group (539 192) or Liz Moore as APC’s Clerk (861 424)
CLICK HERE TO SEARCH FOR JOBS: http://www.jobcentrenearme.com