Avebury Parish Council
An ordinary meeting of Avebury Parish Council will be held at 7:30pm on Tuesday 6 December 2016 at the Social Centre, High Street, Avebury SN8 1RF.
All members of the public and press are welcome to attend.
Liz Moore, Clerk to Avebury Parish Council, 30th November 2016
- Public question time
- Declarations of interest
- Minutes of meeting held on 1 November 2016
- Matters arising from the minutes
- Planning applications + results: (a) Full Planning Consent for demolition of existing bungalow, erection of a replacement dwelling with associated parking (Resubmission of 14/02099/FUL) at Lower Acre, Bray Street, Avebury. Ref: 16/11050/FUL. (b) Work to trees in a Conservation Area at 2 Bray Street, Avebury. Proposal:- Goat Willow tree – fell, Beech tree – crown reduction 20%, Apple tree & one unspecified tree – fell. Ref: 16/11323/TCA.
- Transport Group: interim progress report [Committee meeting scheduled 13 December].
- A303 Widening Project: to receive a report from the Avebury Society
- National Trust update
- Improving toilet facilities at the Coach house, Avebury: to receive a report on a meeting held on 24 November and decide on partnership scheme to obtain and provide financial support.
- Defibrillator for Avebury: progress report for a community led project.
- Payphones consultation: members to consider adopting BT telephone boxes in the Parish and housing a community defibrillator in the High Street telephone box.
- ACSReC including: renewal of sports-field lease, confidential item: cleaning services contract, Avebury Day, survey of condition of pavilion and banking.
- Play area inspection report: members to consider the options for installing a new timber top beam and re-instating the swings on the swing unit at Avebury Trusloe.
- Local issues including: housing needs survey and members to agree who will complete Parish summary, URC Chapel, Post Office services at Avebury, leaf sweeping in the High Street and Church Walk, jetting of culvert and new bridge at Beckhampton and 30th anniversary celebrations of World Heritage Site.
- Review of grass cutting contract with ACC
- Parish Council budget and precept for 2017/18: to consider and approve second draft budget and set the precept.
- Correspondence including: Letter from the National Trails Office, Oxfordshire Council – information on a project to improve the Ridgeway.
- Finance and admin including: confidential item: Clerk’s appraisal, half year internal audit, improvements to Parish Council web site, review of Financial Regulations, Standing Orders and TOR of Committees, Ordering system, VAT registration status, to receive the approved minutes of ACSReC meeting 28 June, 27 July 2016 and cheques for payment.
- Date of next meeting: 7:30pm on Tuesday 7 February 2017 at the Social Centre.
- Any other business