19 April 2017 Transport Group Committee : Draft Minutes

Draft Minutes of the Transport Group

A committee of the Avebury Parish Council

19th April 2017 

Present:  Rob Macaire,  Andrew Williamson,  Moya Brannan, Mike Bedford

Agenda

  1. Apologies for absence: Stephen Stacey, Tim lewis
  2. Declarations of interest: None
  3. Acceptance of minutes of 13th December 2016: All corrections made except for “Avebury’s” (apostrophe needed!) in last line of item 9, and in item 6, 4th line, it should be A4361, not 361.
  4. Actions from minutes:
    1. MB to contact Steve Hind and arrange a meeting with Rob Macaire and Sarah Simmonds to discuss the proposals re WHS transport plan – see item 5
    1. MB/RM to poll local residents re funding – completed
    2. MBrennan to ask Ryan whether we can conduct a sponsored cyclethon at the pub to raise significant funds for the sustrans projects and others – see note 8 below
  5. Update re meeting with Stephen Hind and review of work plans for WHS transport document progression. MB and RM                                                                Meeting notes circulated. Next step, suggested MB phones Stephen Hind to get feedback on progress so far. Ask Sarah Simmonds as well for update. Point regarding the closure/part closure of the Avenue was discussed at the meeting and covered at length again. Agreed that the topic needs to be addressed by putting out a position paper listing pros and cons. Closing of the Avenue may also have to be linked to reduced speed limits elsewhere – eg Trusloe. Position paper to be developed with input from parishioners following the raising of this subject at 25th April Village meeting. Sarah Simmonds to be kept informed
  6.  Footpaths: report by Tim Lewis. Deferred in the absence of TL
  7.  Double yellow lines in Trusloe outside number 5. Discussed and now needs to be reviewed as the situation has changed. MB to talk with John Campbell to assess the situation. (Number 1) (07825 073820).
  8.  Speed limit request in Trusloe – Transport group needs more information on when and where the problem exists as we need guidance as to when we should do the speed check. MB to talk with John Campbell
  9.  Cyclothon for fundraising – Moya
    1. Advertising underway and the pub has said yes for May 27, 28 and 29. Bikes would be at the top bar. Wilts Radio, Sustrans and Gazette and Herald emailed and asked to publicise the event
    1. WI and others will make cup cakes for donations.
    2. Raffle for guessing total miles cycled each day and over the 3 days
    3. Track stand competition
    4. If anyone is interested then contact Moya
    5. MB to check if Marl fitness centre is interested in helping out on the Monday
  10. Footpath 22  – resurfacing is urgent.  MB to log on to Wilts web site and register the problem
  11. Signage Audit update. MB spoke to SS and there is no pro-forma. No further action
  12. Any other business: None
  13. Date of next meeting: Suggested after Village meeting. 2,3,4 May?
  14. Meeting ended 21:20