Avebury Parish Council
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of Avebury Parish Council held on the 18 May 2017 at the Social Centre, High Street, Avebury SN8 1RF. (Adopted 1 May 2018).
In these minutes ACSReC stands for Avebury Community Sports and Recreation Committee, APC for Avebury Parish Council, NT for National Trust and WHS for World Heritage Site.
Time Start: 19:02
- Present: Councillors Mr David Brotheridge, Mr Jon Campbell, Mrs Maggie Lewis, Mrs Lynzey Paradise, Ms Zandria Service, Mr Stephen Stacey and Mr Andrew Williamson.
- In attendance: Miss Liz Moore, Clerk.
- Apologies: Councillors Dr Mike Bedford, Terence O’Connor and Wiltshire Councillor Jane Davies.
- Election of Chairman and Vice Chairs: the Clerk took the Chair and asked if there were any nominations for the role of Chairman. Mr Williamson was nominated and the Clerk asked if he was prepared to stand as Chairman. He said he would and there were no other nominations. Mr Williamson was proposed as Chairman by Ms Service and seconded by Mr Brotheridge. Carried unanimously. The Clerk asked if there were any nominations for the role of Vice Chairman and Mrs Lewis said she was prepared to stand again as Vice Chairman. Mrs Lewis was proposed as Vice Chairman by Mr Williamson, seconded by Mrs Paradise and carried unanimously.
[Declarations of acceptance of office were signed by Mr Williamson and Mrs Lewis].
Mr Williamson took the Chair.
- Minutes of AGM held on 3 May 2016 were agreed by all as a correct record. Proposed by Mr Stacey, seconded by Mrs Lewis and carried unanimously.
- Appointment of members of Committees, Sub-Committees and Parish Council representatives:
- APC’s Planning Committee: it was unanimously agreed that all members of the Council remain members of the Planning Committee.
- APC’s Transport Group: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Brotheridge, Mr Stacey and Mr Williamson remain members together with the following members of the public: Mrs Moya Brannan, Dr Mike Bedford, Mrs Kate Fry, Mr Tim Lewis, Mr Rob Macaire, Mrs Angela Norman, Mr Paul Ryder-Morris and Mr Simon Vatcher. It was unanimously agreed that Mrs Lewis be nominated as temporary Chairman of the standing committee.
- ACSReC: it was unanimously agreed that Mrs Lewis, Mrs Paradise and Mr Stacey remain members together with the following members of the public: Dr Mike Bedford, Mr Alan Blake, Mr Dominic Fry, Mrs Diane Gater and Mr Bruce Hinder. It was unanimously agreed Mrs Paradise be nominated as Chairman of the standing committee.
- Community Flood Group: it was unanimously agreed that Mrs Lewis remain the nominated representative and a member of the public, Mrs Judy Farthing as Civil Emergency Volunteer.
- Wi-Fi and Broadband: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Campbell would be the nominated representative together with Mr Terence O’Connor who the Clerk reported had expressed an interest in the role.
- Avebury Sacred Sites Forum: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Williamson remain a member and Mrs Lewis and Ms Service attend on an ad-hoc basis.
- Avebury WHS Steering Committees and Avebury Solstice Operational Planning Meeting: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Williamson remain as APC’s representative.
- Footpaths: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Stacey remain a footpath Councillor.
- Play area: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Campbell and Mrs Paradise share the role as the nominated Play Area Councillors.
- Marlborough Area Board: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Williamson remain the nominated representative and Mrs Paradise be nominated as a representative too and that other members were welcome to attend the meetings.
- Appointment of representatives to other bodies:
- Social Centre trustees: Mrs Lewis agreed to remain APC’s representative.
The above nominations under items 6-7 were proposed by Mr Brotheridge, seconded by Mrs Paradise and carried unanimously.
- Payment of annual subscriptions
It was agreed that annual subscriptions or donations be made during 2017/18 to:
- Wiltshire Association of Local Councils
- Community First
- Upper Kennett News
Proposed by Mrs Lewis, seconded by Mrs Paradise and carried unanimously.
Meeting closed at 19:16