Avebury Parish Council
A meeting of the Transport Group Committee will be held at 7:30pm on Thursday 30 November 2017 at the Social Centre, Avebury SN8 1RF.
All members of the public and press are welcome to attend.
Liz Moore, Clerk to Avebury Parish Council, 24th November 2017.
- Apologies for absence
- Declarations of interest
- Acceptance of minutes of 5 June 2017 and to acknowledge 10 August 2017 meeting notes.
- Matters arising from the minutes
- Progress report on A4 Traffic Calming Project and meeting with Atkins on 16 November
- Avenue Closure including pros and cons template and traffic flow data from Wiltshire Council
- Results of double yellow lines and speeding questionnaire sent to Avebury Trusloe residents
- Speed monitoring through Avebury and Avebury Trusloe including request for SIDs for the A4361 Swindon road
- Influx of articulated lorries and HGV’s using A4361 Swindon road at all hours
- Visitor parking in the High Street and Green Street including coaches
- Interim solutions to parking on Nursery Site [to be informed by Housing Needs Survey]
- Footpaths including:
- Report by Tim Lewis on footpath signage
- Resurfacing footpath 22
- Changing the footpath between Silbury Hill and Beckhampton into a circular route
- Creating a new footpath adjacent to A4361 from Avebury towards Swindon and within the newly extended 30 mph zone
- Creating a new footpath adjacent to A4 from Gunsite Road to the Avenue
- Fundraising ideas
- Village signage audit
- Any other business
- Date of next meeting