AVEBURY TRANSPORT EXHIBITION
Avebury Transport Group is organising an exhibition at
4.30 – 8.00pm on Wednesday 7 March
at the Red Lion, Avebury SN8 1RF.
The Transport Group has been working on projects set out in the World Heritage Site Transport Strategy and Avebury’s earlier Traffic Plan. We want to bring you up to date with its work, set out some facts and figures and hear your views.
The exhibition will focus on seven key transport elements and will put them in context with a central display which covers the entire WHS. Your views will then be included in a short report on the findings of the exhibition and will if possible propose actions.
The seven elements that will be highlighted at the exhibition are:
- Achievements of the Transport Group so far
- Traffic calming measures on the A4 at West Kennett and Beckhampton
- Parking and speeding at Trusloe
- Yellow lines throughout the Parish
- Footpaths and Byways – state of repair and signage
- The future of the Avenue
- Eroding verges, especially at Green Street and the Avenue.
For further details please contact Mike Bedford as Chairman of the Group (539 192) or Liz Moore as APC’s Clerk (861 424)