Avebury Parish Council
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of Avebury Parish Council held on the 1 May 2018 at the Social Centre, High Street, Avebury SN8 1RF.
In these minutes ACSReC stands for Avebury Community Sports and Recreation Committee, APC for Avebury Parish Council, ASSC for Avebury Sports and Social Club, NT for National Trust and WHS for World Heritage Site.
Present: Councillors Dr Mike Bedford (Vice-Chairman), Mrs Maggie Lewis (Vice-Chairman), from item 3 onwards Mr Terence O’Connor, Mrs Lynzey Paradise and Mr Stephen Stacey.
In attendance: Miss Liz Moore (Clerk).
Time started: 19:19
- Apologies: Councillors Dave Brotheridge and Andrew Williamson and Wiltshire Councillor Jane Davies.
- Election of Chairman and Vice Chairs: the Clerk took the Chair and asked if there were any nominations for the role of Chairman. Mr Stacey was nominated and the Clerk asked if he was prepared to stand as Chairman. He said he would and there were no other nominations. Proposed by Mrs Paradise, seconded by Mrs Lewis and carried unanimously. The Clerk asked if there were any nominations for the role of Vice Chairman and Mrs Lewis and Dr Bedford said that they were prepared to stand again as Vice Chairs. Proposed by Mr Stacey, seconded by Mrs Paradise and carried unanimously.
[Declarations of acceptance of office were signed by Mr Stacey, Dr Bedford and Mrs Lewis].
Mr Stacey took the Chair.
- Minutes of AGM held on 18 May 2017: unanimously agreed as an accurate record. Proposed by Dr Bedford and seconded by Mrs Paradise.
- Appointment of members of Committees, Sub-Committees and Parish Council representatives:
- APC’s Planning Committee: it was unanimously agreed that all members of the Council remain members of the Planning Committee.
- APC’s Transport Group: it was unanimously agreed that Dr Bedford, Mr Stacey and Mr Williamson remain members together with the following members of the public: Mrs Moya Brannan, Mrs Kate Fry, Mr Tim Lewis, Mrs Angela Norman, Mr Paul Ryder-Morris and Mr Simon Vatcher and new members Mrs Lynn Bennett-Nutt and Mrs Helen Ramsey. It was unanimously agreed that Dr Bedford be nominated as Chairman of the standing committee.
- ACSReC: it was unanimously agreed that Mrs Lewis and Dr Bedford remain members to oversee administration work associated with handover of Sports Field to ASSC.
- Community Flood Group: it was unanimously agreed that Mrs Lewis remain the nominated representative with a member of the public, Mrs Judy Farthing as Civil Emergency Volunteer.
- Wi-Fi and Broadband: it was unanimously agreed that Mr O’Connor would be the nominated representative.
- Avebury Sacred Sites Forum: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Williamson remain a member and Mrs Lewis and Ms Service attend on an ad-hoc basis.
- Avebury WHS Steering Committees and Avebury Solstice Operational Planning Meeting: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Williamson remain as APC’s representative.
- Footpaths: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Stacey remain a footpath Councillor.
- Play area: it was unanimously agreed that Mrs Paradise would be the nominated Play Area Councillor.
- Marlborough Area Board: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Williamson remain the nominated representative and Mrs Paradise be nominated as a representative too and that other members were welcome to attend the meetings.
- Appointment of representatives to other bodies:
- Social Centre trustees: Mrs Lewis agreed to remain APC’s representative.
- Sports Field representatives on ASSC: Dr Bedford and Mrs Paradise agreed to be APC’s representatives.
The above nominations under items 4-5 were proposed by Dr Bedford, seconded by Mrs Lewis and carried unanimously.
- Payment of annual subscriptions
It was agreed that annual subscriptions or donations be made during 2018/19 to:
- Wiltshire Association of Local Councils
- Community First
- Upper Kennett News
Proposed by Mrs Paradise, seconded by Dr Bedford and carried unanimously.
Meeting closed at 19:35