Avebury Parish Council
An ordinary meeting of Avebury Parish Council will be held at 7:30pm on Tuesday 2 October 2018 at the Social Centre, Avebury SN8 1RF.
All members of the public and press are welcome to attend.
Liz Moore, Parish Clerk, 27 September 2018
- Public question time
- Declarations of interest
- Minutes of meeting held on 4 September 2018
- Matters arising from the minutes:
- Item 6.e. Play Area weed killing
- Item 15. Emergency Planning
- Planning Applications:
- Application for full planning for the installation of a new pay and display machine for visitor use within the National Trust Avebury car park at Beckhampton Road, Avebury, SN8 1RF. Ref: 18/08090/FUL.
- Application for Work to trees in a conservation area. Proposal: T1 – Ash – Remove 1 Limb, T2 Willow- Pollard high at 60ft & remove half broken stem, T3 – Willow Re-pollard at 8ft at land opposite Sarsen Kennels, West Kennet, Marlborough, SN8 1QF. Ref: 18/08868/TCA
- Application for Listed Building Consent to replace chimney pot to the west chimney supporting the wood burning stove, with a longer pot at Perrys Cottage, Green Street, Avebury, SN8 1RE. Ref: 18/08675/LBC.
- Application for Work to trees in a conservation area. Proposal:- Fell – 6 Sycamore trees; 4 Ash trees & 3 Norwegian Maple trees, Crown reduce – 9 Ash trees; 1 Norwegian Maple; 1 Walnut tree & 8 Sycamore trees at Anvil Cottage, High Street, Avebury, Marlborough, Wiltshire SN8 1RF. Ref: 18/08876/TCA
- Application for Full Planning to demolish the existing cricket pavilion on the sports field and to build a new smaller cricket pavilion, similar to the existing structure but to be position in a new proposed location within the sports field at Avebury Sports field, Beckhampton Road, Avebury, Marlborough, SN8 1RD. Ref: 18/08886/FUL.
- Transport Group: report by Chairman including:
- Feedback on meeting with Steve Hinds (Wiltshire Council) and TG meeting on 19 September
- Report from CATG meeting on 20 September and resurfacing of footpath 22
- Next steps
- Solstice Planning including report by Clerk on costs for Community Accredited Support Officer, report by Chairman on feedback from the NT following meeting on 26 September, list of items to request at next stakeholder meeting, date of meeting and confirmation of PC representative for that meeting.
- Local Issues including dog fouling, removal of graffiti and re-painting Beckhampton bus shelter, repairs requested to road mirror in Beckhampton and AHA tree and rubbish reported to Aster.
- Refurbishment of Benches: including:
- Advice and estimates from suppliers.
- Price for a new bench.
- Should we replace the damaged bench(es) with new ones?
- Long-term maintenance of benches.
- Removal of bench at West Kennett.
- Parish Steward Priority Sheet:
- Report on work completed in September.
- Job requests for October.
- PC to decide whether it’s content with half a day per month from the Parish Steward or to ask Ringway for a whole day.
- Play Area:
- Results of the mandatory annual inspection of the Play Area by RoSPA.
- Report from on-site meeting with Wicksteed including initial ideas on improving the provision of activities for children and adolescents, likely costs and funding options.
- Next steps.
- Consultation from Wiltshire Association of Local Councils on a proposal to extend its member services with added employment services from Monahans.
- Wiltshire Council Electoral Review.
- Finance and admin including: Parish precept of £6,050 received from WC, review of Asset Register, review of Financial Risks, web development, report by Clerk on the ‘Community Organising’ training event and cheques for ratification and cheques for payment.
- Date of next meeting: 7:30pm on Tuesday 6 November 2018
- Any other business