Avebury Parish Council
An ordinary meeting of Avebury Parish Council will be held at 7:30pm on Tuesday 6 November 2018 at the Social Centre, Avebury SN8 1RF.
All members of the public and press are welcome to attend.
Liz Moore, Parish Clerk, 1 November 2018
- Public question time
- Declarations of interest
- Minutes of meeting held on 2 October 2018
- Matters arising from the minutes
- Planning applications:
- Application for Full Planning for erection of dwelling house with garaging and access at land at South Street, Avebury, SN8 1QZ. Ref: 18/09889/FUL.
- Application for work to trees in a conservation area. Proposal:- Silver Birch – Prune for maintenance, Cherry – Prune as above at Bannings Yard, Bray Street, Avebury, Marlborough, Wiltshire, SN8 1RA. Ref: 18/09547/TCA.
- Application for Advertisement Consent to upgrade the visitor signage around Avebury Village. Removal of 11 signs around the village and installation of 12 new signs, 9 of which are direct replacement and 3 in new locations at National Trust Estates, High Street, Avebury, Wiltshire, SN8 1RF. Ref: 18/09436/ADV.
- Parish Council budget and precept for 2019/20: preliminary consideration
- Transport Group: report by Dr Bedford / Chairman including:
- Progress report on A4 traffic calming project
- Report on Parish Councils’ Traffic meeting 26 October
- Footpath 22 interim repair work and PC to decide on whether to apply for a pathway improvement grant of up to £4,000 via MAB and provide 50% match funding.
- Footpath signage progress
- Solstice Planning
- Local Issues:
- A project to improve WiFi
- Repairs requested to road mirror in Beckhampton
- AHA tree and rubbish reported to Aster
- Actions from ASB Survey carried out by the Police and status of crime report on vandalized bench
- New salt bin for Gilbert’s Hill / Bray Street
- Refurbishment of Benches: including:
- Options for repair and replacement of benches on footpath 22
- Members to resolve to instruct the Clerk to submit insurance claim for both vandalized benches.
- Draft policy for long-term maintenance of benches and terms of acceptance of benches donated to the PC
- BT Phone Box in West Kennett:
- Discussion on state of BT owned ‘phone box in West Kennett and PC to decide whether to adopt the ‘phone box.
- If PC agrees at item 12a to adopt the West Kennett ‘phone box then members to resolve that they are satisfied having carried out further consultation that their original objection to removal of the BT ‘phone box in West Kennett be withdrawn and to request that Wiltshire Council agree that the PC may adopt the phone box.
- Parish Steward Priority Sheet:
- Report on work completed in October
- Job requests submitted for November
- Play Area:
- Results of the mandatory annual inspection of the Play Area by RoSPA
- Upgrading the Play Area and funding options
- PC to set a date for Parish Consultation and exhibition
- Consultation from Wiltshire Association of Local Councils on a proposal to extend its member services with added employment services from Monahans. [Additional annual cost is 4% on WALC only part of subscription = £5.80]
- Wiltshire Council Electoral Review
- Finance and admin including: internal audit, donations to charities, web development, report by Clerk on WALC’s AGM held on 22 October, Clerk’s annual appraisal and cheques for ratification and cheques for payment.
- Date of next meeting: 7:30pm on Tuesday 4 December 2018
- Any other business