Annual Parish Meeting
The Annual Parish Meeting will be held in the Social Centre, High Street, Avebury SN8 1RF at 7pm on Thursday 28th April 2016.
All members of the public are very welcome.
Chairman 14 April 2016
- Welcomes and introductions
- Minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting held on 21 April 2015 (see Parish Council website www.aveburyparishcouncil.org)
- Matters arising from the minutes
- Report on the work of the Parish Council, Avebury Sportsfield Association, Avebury Community Sports and Recreation Committee and other local organisations in the past year, including:Elections and membership
Transport Group: update on local schemes
Recreation and Sportsfield
Local initiatives, including Community Shop and Community Orchard
Local archaeology: Short talk on the ‘Between the Monuments’ project on West Kennett Avenue in the past three years by Dr Josh Pollard
Summer Solstice 2016
Updates from Wiltshire Council, Police, National Trust and World Heritage Site Officer
High Speed Broadband and Community Wi-Fi
Civil Emergency Plan
Local improvements and works
Other local issues and Parish Council decisions
Precept, finance and admin
- Local issues from the public: the past year and for the next 12 months
- Local issues from the Parish Council: the past year and for the next 12 months, including people’s response to the question: Do parishioners wish the Parish Council to provide some services if they are withdrawn at a time of austerity by Wiltshire Council, and increase the Precept to meet the costs of doing so?
- Any other business