Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of Avebury Parish Council held on the 1 May 2012 at the Social Centre, High Street, Avebury SN8 1RF.
Time Start: 19:30
1. Present: Councillors Mr Andrew Williamson, Dr Mike Bedford, Mr Paul Dixon, Mrs Antoinette Dyson, Mrs Beryl Greenaway, Mr Keith Howell and Mrs Maggie Lewis.
2. Apologies: Councillors Mrs Karyn Pearson and Mr Mike Daniel
3. Election of Chair and Deputy Chair: In the absence of the Clerk on maternity leave Mr Paul Dixon took the chair and asked whether Andrew Williamson and Mike Bedford were prepared to stand as Chair and Deputy Chair respectively. Both said they would and there were no other nominations. Andrew Williamson was proposed as Chair by Antoinette Dyson and seconded by Maggie Lewis. Carried unanimously. Mike Bedford was proposed as Deputy Chair by Keith Howell and seconded by Beryl Greenaway. Carried unanimously. Andrew Williamson took the chair.
4. Appointment of members of Planning Sub-Committee: It was unanimously agreed that all members of the Council remain members of the Planning Sub-Committee. Proposed by Paul Dixon and seconded by Keith Howell
5. Appointment of representatives to committees and other organisations
- Transport group: It was unanimously agreed that Mike Bedford, Mike Daniel and Keith Howell remain members. Proposed by Beryl Greenaway and seconded by Maggie Lewis
- Avebury Sacred Sites Forum: It was unanimously agreed that Andrew Williamson remain a member together with Antoinette Dyson and Keith Howell who would serve on a rotating basis in winter and summer respectively. Proposed by Beryl Greenaway and seconded by Maggie Lewis
- Social Centre trustees: it was unanimously agreed that Karyn Pearson be APC’s representative. Proposed by Andrew Williamson and seconded by Paul Dixon
- Avebury Sports-field Association: it was unanimously agreed that Beryl Greenaway and Paul Dixon represent APC. Proposed by Maggie Lewis and seconded by Keith Howell.
- Footpaths: it was unanimously agreed that Mike Bedford remain as footpath Councillor. Proposed by Antoinette Dyson and seconded by Beryl Greenaway
- Play area: it was unanimously agreed that Paul Dixon remain as Play Area Councillor. Proposed by Andrew Williamson and seconded by Keith Howell
- Traffic and Visitor Management Group, Avebury WHS Steering Committee, Avebury Solstice Operational Planning Meeting and Marlborough Area Parish Forum: it was unanimously agreed that Andrew Williamson remain as APC’s representative.
6. Payment of annual subscriptions
It was agreed that annual subscriptions or donations be made during 2012/13 to WALC, Communities First and to Upper Kennett News.
Meeting closed at 7.40pm