Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of Avebury Parish Council held on the 5th May 2015 at the Social Centre, High Street, Avebury SN8 1RF.
In these minutes APC stands for Avebury Parish Council, NT for National Trust and WHS for World Heritage Site.
Time Start: 19:01
- Present: Councillors Dr Mike Bedford, Mr David Brotheridge, Mr Keith Howell, Mrs Antoinette Kremer, Mrs Maggie Lewis, Mr Paul Ryder-Morris, Ms Zandria Service and Mr Andrew Williamson.
- In attendance: Miss Liz Moore, Clerk.
- Apologies: Councillors Mr Mike Daniel and Wiltshire Councillor, Mrs Jemima Milton.
- Election of Chairman and Vice Chairs: the Clerk took the Chair and asked if there were any nominations for the role of Chairman. Mr Williamson was nominated and the Clerk asked if he was prepared to stand as Chairman. He said he would and there were no other nominations. Mr Williamson was proposed as Chairman by Mr Howell and seconded by Mrs Lewis. Carried unanimously. The Clerk asked whether Dr Bedford and Mrs Lewis were prepared to stand as Vice Chairman and Vice Chairwoman respectively. They said they were and there were no other nominations.
Dr Bedford and Mrs Lewis were proposed as Vice Chairs by Mr Williamson and seconded by Ms Service. Carried unanimously.
[Declarations of acceptance of office were signed by Mr Williamson, Dr Bedford and Mrs Lewis].
Mr Williamson took the Chair.
- Minutes of AGM held on 6 May 2014 were agreed by all as a correct record. Proposed by Mr Howell and seconded by Mrs Lewis.
- Appointment of members of Committees, Sub-Committees and Parish Council representatives:
- APC’s Planning Committee: it was unanimously agreed that all members of the Council remain members of the Planning Committee.
- APC’s Transport Group: it was unanimously agreed that Dr Bedford, Mr Brotheridge, Mr Daniel, Mr Howell and Mr Williamson remain members together with the following members of the public: Mrs Moya Brannan, Mrs Kate Fry, Mr Rob Macaire, Mrs Angela Norman, Mr Stephen Stacey, Mr Simon Vatcher and Mr Peter Wilson. It was unanimously agreed that Dr Bedford would remain Chairman of the standing committee.
- Community Flood Group: it was unanimously agreed that Mrs Lewis would remain the nominated representative and a member of the public, Mrs Judy Farthing as Civil Emergency Volunteer.
- Avebury Sacred Sites Forum: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Williamson remain a member together with Mrs Kremer and Mr Howell. Mrs Kremer would attend in summer and Mr Howell in the winter.
- Avebury WHS Steering Committees and Avebury Solstice Operational Planning Meeting: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Williamson remain as APCÕs representative.
- Footpaths: it was unanimously agreed that Dr Bedford and Mr Howell remain footpath Councillors.
- Play area: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Paul Ryder-Morris be nominated as Play Area Councillor.
- Marlborough Area Board: it was unanimously agreed that the nominated representative would be Mr Williamson and that other members were welcome to attend the meetings too.
The above nominations were proposed by Ms Service and seconded by Mr Brotheridge.
- Appointment of representatives to other bodies:
- Social Centre trustees: Mrs Lewis agreed to remain APC’s representative and Mrs Kremer agreed to deputise.
- Avebury Sports-field Association: Mr Brotheridge agreed to represent APC from time to time
The above nominations were proposed by Mr Howell, seconded by Mr Ryder-Morris and carried unanimously.
- Payment of annual subscriptions
It was agreed that annual subscriptions or donations be made during 2015/16 to:
- Wiltshire Association of Local Councils
- Community First
- Upper Kennett News
Proposed by Mr Williamson, seconded by Mrs Lewis and carried unanimously.
Meeting closed at 19:15