Warm & Safe Wiltshire are working with Wiltshire council to help you with the cost of:
- Repairing or replacing your broken heating system.
- Upgrading heating controls.
- Emergency room heaters.
You will be eligible if your income is less than £28,000 (gross) for a single person or £32,000 (gross) for a couple or family.
Your savings need to be less than £8,000.
Call us on free on
0800 038 5722
Secure online referral form here www.warmandsafewiltshire.org.uk
I am writing from Age UK Wiltshire to let you know about the local Wiltshire Surviving Winter Grant (SWG), for which we are one of the partner organisations supporting older people to apply for the grant.
The scheme is aimed at older people at risk of fuel poverty and aims to support them by providing a one-off £200 grant alongside holistic advice to help ensure they are maximising their income and receiving support for any other issues they may have.
It has been running on an annual basis for a number of years and is organised and fundraised through Wiltshire Community Foundation. It is likely to remain open until around March 2022 time (but may close sooner if all grants are distributed).
Please note that for working-age people, Wiltshire Warm & Safe (https://www.warmandsafewiltshire.org.uk/) are the partner organisation supporting these clients to apply for the grant (the criteria for working age clients is slightly different).
Please see the attached flyers and we would be grateful if you could pass this information on to any residents that may find it helpful. Please let us know if you need any further information.
Rachel Clarke (She/Her)
Senior Project Worker
Information & Advice team: Age UK Wiltshire
Download (PDF, 162KB)
Avebury Parish Council
An informal meeting will be held at 7pm on Tuesday 25 January 2022 at Avebury Sports and Social Club so that the community can discuss and view the proposed plans for the Play Area. All welcome.
Avebury Parish Council
An ordinary meeting of Avebury Parish Council will be held at 7:30pm on Tuesday 1 February 2022 at the Social Centre, Avebury SN8 1RF. Members of the public are welcome to attend.
Liz Moore, Parish Clerk 26 January 2022.
- Public question time
- Declarations of interest
- Minutes of meeting held on 7 December 2021
- Matters arising from the minutes
- Membership: to co-opt a new member
- Planning applications including:
- Full planning permission for change of use from mixed use residential & Bed & Breakfast (C1) to mixed use residential & dog grooming business operated from a new freestanding timber framed outbuilding on the existing gravelled car park which is to the west side of the property at Isobel Cottage A4 Beckhampton Roaundabout East To Silbury Hill Car Park Beckhampton SN8 1QJ. Ref: PL/2022/00016.
- National Trust
- Project Updates:
- SID Project: progress report by Cllr Daniel
- CATG meeting 9 December 2021: report by Cllr Stacey
- Avebury Chapel and licence: progress report by Cllr Stacey
- Play Area: progress report by Cllr Paradise
- Consultations and reports from PC representatives: Police Forum and PCC wants the public’s views on plans to increase the policing precept by £10 per year (av band D)
- Local Issues: play area surfacing, Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, CPRE Wiltshire and CCM Technologies Best Kept Village Competition, defibrillator for Beckhampton
- Parish Steward Priority Sheet
- Communications and Correspondence: North Wessex Downs AONB Annual Review
- Finance and admin including: review of financial regulations and existing banking arrangements: to agree to change bank account and move to electronic banking, to review draft signage policy and cheques for ratification or payment
- Date of next meeting: 7:30pm on Tuesday 1 March 2022