Avebury Parish Council
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of Avebury Parish Council held on the 3 May 2016 at the Social Centre, High Street, Avebury SN8 1RF. [Adopted 18 May 2017].
In these minutes ACSReC stands for Avebury Community Sports and Recreation Committee, APC for Avebury Parish Council, NT for National Trust and WHS for World Heritage Site.
Time Start: 19:11
- Present: Councillors Mr David Brotheridge, Mr Jon Campbell, Mrs Maggie Lewis, Mrs Lynzey Paradise, Ms Zandria Service, Mr Stephen Stacey and Mr Andrew Williamson.
- In attendance: Miss Liz Moore, Clerk.
- Apologies: Councillor Dr Mike Bedford.
- Election of Chairman and Vice Chairs: the Clerk took the Chair and asked if there were any nominations for the role of Chairman. Mr Williamson was nominated and the Clerk asked if he was prepared to stand as Chairman. He said he would and there were no other nominations. Mr Williamson was proposed as Chairman by Ms Service and seconded by Mrs Lewis. Carried unanimously. The Clerk asked whether the same Vice Chairman and Vice Chairwoman, Dr Bedford and Mrs Lewis respectively were prepared to stand again. Mrs Lewis said she would and Mr Williamson reported he had contacted Dr Bedford before the meeting to confirm if he was prepared to stand as Vice Chairman and he had confirmed he would. There were no other nominations and, in his absence, Dr Bedford was proposed as Vice Chairman and Mrs Lewis was proposed as Vice Chairwoman by Mr Brotheridge, seconded by Mr Williamson and carried unanimously.
[Declarations of acceptance of office were signed by Mr Williamson and Mrs Lewis].
Mr Williamson took the Chair.
- Minutes of AGM held on 5 May 2015 were agreed by all as a corrrect record. Proposed by Mr Brotheridge, seconded by Mrs Lewis and carried unanimously.
- Appointment of members of Committees, Sub-Committees and Parish Council representatives:
- APC’s Planning Committee: it was unanimously agreed that all members of the Council remain members of the Planning Committee.
- APC’s Transport Group: it was unanimously agreed that Dr Bedford, Mr Brotheridge, Mr Stacey and Mr Williamson remain members together with the following members of the public: Mrs Moya Brannan, Mrs Kate Fry, Mr Tim Lewis, Mr Rob Macaire, Mrs Angela Norman, Mr Paul Ryder-Morris, Mr Simon Vatcher and Mr Peter Wilson. It was unanimously agreed that Dr Bedford remain Chairman of the standing committee.
- ACSReC: it was unanimously agreed that Dr Bedford, Mrs Lewis and Mrs Paradise remain members together with the following members of the public: Mr Alan Blake, Mr Dominic Fry, Mrs Diane Gater and Mr Bruce Hinder. It was unanimously agreed Mrs Paradise be nominated as Chairwoman of the standing committee.
- Community Flood Group: it was unanimously agreed that Mrs Lewis remain the nominated representative and a member of the public, Mrs Judy Farthing as Civil Emergency Volunteer.
- Wi-Fi and Broadband: it was unanimously agreed that Mrs Lewis remain the nominated representative and Mr Campbell would offer additional advice and expertise.
- Avebury Sacred Sites Forum: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Williamson remain a member and Mrs Lewis and Ms Service attend on an ad-hoc basis and come to the next meeting at 1:30pm on 25 May.
- Avebury WHS Steering Committees and Avebury Solstice Operational Planning Meeting: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Williamson remain as APC’s representative.
- Footpaths: it was unanimously agreed that Dr Bedford remain a footpath Councillor and Mr Stacey be nominated as a second footpath Councillor.
- Play area: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Campbell be nominated as Play Area Councillor.
- Marlborough Area Board: it was unanimously agreed that Mr Williamson remain the nominated representative and Mrs Paradise be nominated as a representative too and that other members were welcome to attend the meetings.
- Appointment of representatives to other bodies:
- Social Centre trustees: Mrs Lewis agreed to remain APC’s representative.
- National Trust: deferred to ordinary meeting see item 11.d.
The above nominations under items 6-7 were proposed by Mrs Lewis, seconded by Mrs Paradise and carried unanimously.
- Payment of annual subscriptions
It was agreed that annual subscriptions or donations be made during 2016/17 to:
- Wiltshire Association of Local Councils
- Community First
- Upper Kennett News
Proposed by Mr Brotheridge, seconded by Mr Stacey and carried unanimously.
Meeting closed at 19:29