Avebury Parish Council
An ordinary meeting of Avebury Parish Council will be held at 7:30pm on Tuesday 5 June 2018 at the Social Centre, Avebury SN8 1RF.
All members of the public and press are welcome to attend.
Liz Moore, Clerk to Avebury Parish Council, 31st May 2018
- Public question time
- Declarations of interest
- Minutes of meeting held on 1 May 2018
- Matters arising from the minutes
- Membership: to co-opt a new member to the PC
- Planning applications
- Transport Group: report from Dr Bedford including:
- Feedback from second Transport Group Exhibition held at Kennet Valley Hall on 25 May
- Discussions with Wiltshire Council about fast-tracking the introduction of a 40 mph limit on A4361 past Avebury Trusloe
- Recent byway closure to aid Ridgeway recovery
- Defibrillator for Avebury Trusloe: report by Mrs Lewis including:
- Cost of electrical installation work for defibrillator cabinet
- Refurbishing the telephone kiosk:
- Members to consider 3 quotations for re-painting the kiosk
- Members to resolve to purchase paint and 4 defibrillator signs
- Arrangements for checking defibrillator
- Sports Field: report by Mrs Paradise including plans for the Pavilion and update on Pavilion roof repairs
- Local Issues including: dog fouling, removal of graffiti and re-painting Beckhampton bus shelter, new glazing panel for Swindon Road bus shelter, Parish Steward Priority Sheet, re-instatement of Play area fencing adjacent to highway, resurfacing of footpath 22 and AVE30/10 from NT car park to High Street, Summer solstice management and permits, caravans parked on nursery site and request by member of the public for PC to consider purchasing strip of land owned by private company, potholes in two locations along Bray Street, various lamps out including bracket lamp on Post Office Building, strimming of verges at Beckhampton turning onto A361 and Avenue turning onto A4, a request by member of the public for repairs to road mirror in Beckhampton and new door fixings for Community Shop Notice Board.
- Finance and admin including:
- Members to resolve to add Mr Stacey as new cheque signatory and approve the resolution contained in the HSBC mandate.
- PC to certify that it is exempt from a limited assurance review under Section 9 of the Local Audit (Smaller Authorities) Regulations 2015
- To receive and note the annual internal audit report
- To approve section 1 Annual Governance Statement
- To approve section 2 Accounting Statements
- Report by the Clerk on internal GDPR processes and members’ obligations
- Web Site development
- Cheques for ratification and cheques for payment
- Date of next meeting: 7:30pm on Tuesday 3 July 2018
- Any other business